Facing the structural changes of macro-economy in Taiwan and the globalization trend in the world, Taiwan’s recent industrial developments focus on establishing new high-tech industries and upgrading traditional industries. The prime objective of the Program is to promote technology and industrial capability in Taiwan, and to improve cooperative relationship and mutual benefit between foreign contractors and Taiwan to an even better condition. Specifically, the objectives of industrial cooperation program are to assist local industries in:
- • Introducing high-tech industries and key technologies into Taiwan;
- • Attracting foreign investments;
- • Promoting export and establishing international marketing channels;
- • Improving industrial structure and upgrading industries;
- • Establishing long-term cooperation in international trade;
- • Encouraging foreign enterprises to set up R&D centers and/or manufacturing facilities in Taiwan.